Effective Date: January 1, 2020
We collect the following categories of information from and about you:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Information regarding your lease or finance terms and monthly payment amounts, that we may obtain from third-party sources.
- Information regarding the mileage on your vehicle, which is collected when you bring your vehicle to our dealership’s service department, or that we may obtain from third-party sources.
- Geolocation information.
- Online identifiers, such as username and IP address.
- Usage information, such as how you and your device interact with our website (e.g., the pages you visit or the search terms you enter).
- Other information, such as your car preferences, or information regarding your potential trade- in vehicle, that you provide or that we may obtain from third-party sources.
- Essential. Some cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our website. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services.
- To send you marketing communications.
- To respond to your requests and inquiries.
- To improve user experiences by making our website easier to use and navigate.
- For other legitimate business purposes.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- To third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us.
- We may share your personal information in the course of any reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
Our Services are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children, and none of our Services are designed to attract children. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we will delete such personal information as soon as possible.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in email communications or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. We will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Additionally, we may send you information regarding our Services, such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
Our website contains links to other sites. DEALERSHIP is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to the Services who are California residents to request certain information, once a year, regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for such purposes.
If you are a California resident, as of January 1, 2020 you have the following additional rights:
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
- You have the right to request information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information. Please note that notwithstanding your request, California law permits us to retain certain categories of personal information for numerous purposes, including to complete a transaction, to perform a contract between you and DEALERSHIP, and to comply with a legal obligation, such as a record retention requirement.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your email address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. DEALERSHIP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
We implement reasonable security measures to ensure the security of your personal information. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, DEALERSHIP cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security-systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. We may post a notice via our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal information collected via the Services.
FACTS---WHAT DOES DEALERSHIP DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Why? Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What? The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
Social Security number and income
Credit history and credit scores
Employment information and checking account information
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
How? All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons we choose to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Dealership share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes --|
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes --|
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with our financial companies --||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes--|
information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes--|
information about your creditworthiness
|No||We don't share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don't share|
How does Dealership protect my personal information? To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Dealership collect my personal information? We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Give us your contact information
- Show your driver’s license
- Apply for a lease or financing
- Provide employment information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing? Federal law gives you the right to limit only sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes (information about your creditworthiness), affiliates from using your information to market to you or sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you. State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include financial companies such as Infiniti of Ontario, Metro Nissan of Redlands, Puente Hills Mazda and Fontana Mazda.
Nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. We do not share with nonaffiliates for them to market to you.
Joint marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners include vehicle finance companies and related financial institutions
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE
Except where and to the extent prohibited by law, by using the Services, you and DEALERSHIP agree that, if there is any controversy, claim, action, or dispute arising out of or related to your use of the Services or the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of this Policy or any part of it (“Dispute”), both parties shall first try in good faith to settle such Dispute by providing written notice to the other party describing the facts and circumstances of the Dispute and allowing the receiving party thirty (30) days in which to respond to or settle the Dispute. Notice shall be sent to:
- DEALERSHIP, at the address below or
- You, at the address we have on file for you.
Both you and DEALERSHIP agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would otherwise have in court will not be available, or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. All such disputes shall be exclusively submitted to the American Arbitration Association at www.adr.org for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising under or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Policy, including any claim that all or any part of this Policy is void or voidable.
CHOICE OF LAW
This Policy has been made in and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. Any disputes or claims not subject to the arbitration provision discussed above shall be resolved by a court located in the State of California and you agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
At this time our website does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will also revise the “Effective Date” at the top of this Policy. If we make material changes to the Policy, we will notify you by placing a prominent notice on our website and/or by sending you an email at the email address we have on file for you. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to keep up to date on how we are handling your personal information.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us at: Metro Nissan of Montclair, 9440 Autoplex Drive, Montclair, CA 91763; www.metronissanmontclair.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; or 866-387-0049